Choosing a Course:
To help you find the right course, we have added a simple PDF table that you can find in ‘The RYA & National Sailing & Powerboat Schemes’ to the right, which will give you a quick guide to what course you should start/continue with. Once you have made your choice of course and dates, and have read the booking conditions, fill out the online booking form, a secure html, and submit. Alternatively, there is a printable version you can post. To check course suitability or availability either download the 2007 Course Timetables or Contact Us. We regret that provisional bookings cannot be accepted.
Gift vouchers can be arranged for any special occasions. Available online with seasonal special offers. Just fill in the booking form, requesting a voucher either for a specified amount (minimum £25) or course/s of your choice, and we will send you the voucher in the name of whoever you nominate. These may only be exchanged for a course at SailCraft, but they are transferable from one course to another. They cannot be redeemed for cash.
Course Fees Include:
VAT and are per person unless otherwise stated.
protective and safety clothing
staff trained to national governing body standards
Provision of all
craft and equipment
Course Fees Do Not
- Footwear, Hats & Gloves
Any incident between a hirer and third parties on or off the
water must be reported at the earliest possible moment.
Failure to report an incident will result in the hirer being
banned from hiring craft, and may render void any insurance
You should be confident in water. We don’t expect you to swim the channel, but you will get more out of your course with a reasonable level of general fitness. You must advise on the booking form any illness or medical disability. If you suffer from asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, giddy spells, angina or other heart conditions, you should check with your doctor before making a booking and be in a position to produce a note from your doctor if required.
Adult courses are for those aged 16 and over. We also offer Young Mariner courses for 8-11 year olds and Junior courses for 12-15 year olds. Young Persons Advanced Sailing Courses are for ages 10-15 and subject to required achievement levels as listed on individual course details. Children aged 5-7 accompanied by Parents can join in ‘Taster/Private Lessons’. Powerboat courses are open to 8 -15 year olds with safety endorsements and for Adults 16+.
In addition to enjoyment and learning new skills, safety is of paramount importance on all SailCraft courses. Clearly, watersports and other adventurous activities are hazardous by their nature and participants, parents or guardians must accept that there are inevitable risks of bumps and scrapes, which happen during the thrills and spills of fast moving activities.
To manage the risks so far as we are able SailCraft:
- Only employs qualified and experienced staff.
- Provides a range of quality personal protective and safety equipment for participants’ comfort and security.
- Teaches to national governing body recommendations and guidelines, in small groups.
- Ensures robust safety systems which have been inspected by the RYA and AALA.
- Reserves the right to modify or cancel an activity if we feel there are unmanageable risks.
Your booking must be accompanied by full payment by cheque, card (the full range of cards accepted is listed on the booking form) or voucher. Cash must not be sent in the post. We regret that no course can be reserved without full payment. Please see next section for early payment discounts.
Early Payment Discount of 5 % is available for:
- High Season bookings (July-Aug) made 90 days or more in advance of course/s
- Low Season bookings (Sept to June) made more in advance
Plus either of the following but not both
We provide accommodation for our Instructor courses for over 18s only. There is a very comprehensive list of accommodation available in Brancaster Staithe & Accommodation. Alternatively call Deepdale Information on 01485 210256.
The centre shop sells an extensive range of sailing gear from wetsuits & boots, waterproof jackets, buoyancy aids and accessories.
Also leisure wear, electronic equipment, watches, chandlery, manuals & logbooks, navigation equipment and much, much more.
This year we are opening our ebay shop and you will be able to follow the link on the right to purchase online. Most goods will be available by March 2007. Stock is increasing daily.
The centre shop sells an extensive range of sailing gear from
wet boots to ocean jackets, as well as chandlery, logbooks and
much, much more.
Cancellations: By you
All cancellations must be in writing.
An administration fee of £25/person/course is not refundable.
You shall be liable to pay 50% of the total course fees if less than 60 days notice is given.
You shall forfeit all monies if less than 30 days notice is given. For exceptions, see waiver scheme below.
Every attempt will be made to ensure that your course will run, however SailCraft reserves the right to cancel a course for the following reasons:
- Viable numbers are not achieved or:
- Last minute staff illness or:
- Due to bad weather. In all cases we will offer alternate date/s or a full credit. Refunds will only be paid if the waiver fee option has been taken (see below)
- We cannot be responsible for any expenses, over and above the course fee/s, that you may incur as a result of these cancellations.
Waiver fee scheme: (optional)
Non refundable fee of £5/person/course ensures:
- Refund at any time, less administration fee, if you cancel for the following extenuating circumstances:
- Injury or Illness of any person/s booked on course/s and for that/those person/s only
- Decease of a direct family member
- Full refund for SailCraft cancellations, if you are unable to attend alternate date/s or take a full credit.
- Written evidence will be required before any refund can be issued if you are forced to cancel for the above reasons.
- What it does not cover:
- Last minute work commitment
- Change of mind
- Conflicting event/s
- Vehicle breakdown
If you choose not to join the scheme then standard terms apply without exception. This is an in-house insurance scheme covering the cost of your course/s only. You are advised to take out a general holiday insurance policy if you wish to cover all your costs of travel, accommodation etc., in which case you need not participate in our waiver scheme.
If booking within 30 days of the course commencing you must call to check availability, courses will be closed when full. Your course/hire will be confirmed when the completed booking form, and full payment is received by SailCraft Sea School.
Will be sent with details of your course/s and any other relevant information, but no later than one week before your course starts. Late bookings will be confirmed by Telephone, Fax or Email.
Group prices are subject to the following conditions:
- One person books for the whole group (booking person)
- Payment is made by that person for the whole group
- Booking person is responsible for providing all the group details.
- Should group numbers fall below the criteria - see details in price list - due to cancellation by a group member, any credit due will be less the balance of the full (non group) price per person.
- Booking person may nominate a 'new' group member without charge, if this is simultaneous with the cancellation of the original member.
- All standard cancellation terms apply.
Hirers will have to show suitable specified qualifications to hire craft and equipment. They will be responsible for any damage howsoever caused, during the period of hire. Craft/equipment must be returned in the same condition in which it was taken. All or part of the security deposit (see below) may be retained for cleaning/repairs. An invoice will be raised for any balance in excess of the security deposit unless we can claim on our insurance.
Any incident between a hirer and third parties on or off the water must be reported at the earliest possible moment. Failure to report an incident will result in the hirer being banned from hiring craft, and may render void any insurance cover.
For hire of dinghies, kayaks and trailers a security deposit of £300 will be payable on arrival. If only hiring ancillary equipment then a security deposit of £100 is payable on arrival. These deposits will be refunded at the end of the hire period, providing the craft/equipment is in satisfactory condition.
Must be 18 or over. When hiring craft for under 18's a parent or guardian must supervise the activity at all times. We regret we are required by our insurers to supervise under 14s with qualified SailCraft staff at all times.
Insurance: Sailcraft takes out insurance cover for all activities and carries third party cover to £5,000,000 - constantly monitored to ensure that you are fully covered.